Details of traction Battery Warranty
The warranty as detailed above remains valid, only if the following operating conditions are adhered to:
- The battery is never discharged to greater than 80% of its nominal 5 hours ampere hour capacity
- The battery is operated and maintained in accordance with the instruction contained in battery care document (Do’ and Don’t, below) and subsequent to instructions issued by our manufacturer
- The battery is topped up with specified electrolyte (De Ionized water). The electrolyte level in each cell is maintained at all times using De-ionized water. Topping up must be done at the end of charge.
- The electrolyte temperature never exceeds 43° Celsius
- The battery only completes one discharged/charged in 24 hours during normal operations and no more than 300 cycles per year.
- The battery is charged using an approved charger, having the correct rating, setting and operates conditions.
- The battery is re-charged after the end of discharge and is left in a fully charged state. Should the battery not be required for prolonged periods, it should be fully charged before being left alone and given a re-charge once a month until required again. The battery should not be left in a discharged state.
- The correct rated battery capacity is used for the application. The battery is used in an approved application
- Notification is given within three (3) working days to CPR Battery Services or its approved agents of any defect, which is the bases of a claim or may be reasonably expected to develop so as to register a claim
- Battery is only maintained by CPR Battery Services’ authorized agents and never interfered with by non approved gents
- The battery is not abused internally and externally or subject to excessive abnormal wear and tear
- It is recommended that the batteries are fully serviced by CPR Battery Services on annual bases.
CPR Battery Services and its duly appointed agents exclude all liability for any and all damages, losses, injury or expenses and whether of a direct, indirect, incidental or consequential nature or otherwise and howsoever caused and by whomsoever suffered and which may arise out of or relate to the use or inability to use the battery or any failure whatsoever to meet this warranty. This warranty shall not prejudice any other rights that CPR Battery Services may have in terms of common law or these terms and conditions.